To create competent professionals equipped for practice of evidence based medicine
To inculcate a rational & scientific basis of therapeutics
To ensure that the student has knowledge about the drugs and their practical application in clinical practice
- To understand the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of essential and commonly used drugs.
- List the indications, contraindications, interactions and adverse reactions of commonly used drugs
- Indicate the use of appropriate drug in a particular disease with consideration to its cost, efficacy and safety for
- Individual needs
(ii) Mass therapy under national health programmes
- Indicate causations in prescription of drugs in special medical situations such as pregnancy, lactation, infancy and old age.
- Integrate the concept of rational drug therapy in clinical pharmacology and understand the principles underlying the concept of essential drugs.
- Evaluate the ethics and modalities involved in the development and introduction of new drugs.
To create competent professionals equipped in the basis of therapeutics, drug development , cutting edge research and innovative teaching methods
To train the medical graduate to be an effective leader of a health team engaged in education, health care, research or industry
To train a medical graduate to be a Pharmacologist who is well versed with the basic principles of Pharmacology and is up to date with the recent advances.
- To arouse a spirit of scientific reasoning and inquiry
- To provide orientation to the principles of research methodology and epidemiology
- Acquisition of skills related to teaching.
- To acquire knowledge of basic and applied pharmacology
- To understand the basis of drug regulations, clinical research and pharmacotherapeutics
- Demonstrate competence in basic concepts of research methodology and epidemiology,
- Design and implement research projects including basic invivo , invitro experiments on small animals and human studies in concurrence with relevant ethical guidelines.
- Perform drug assays, therapeutic drug monitoring and manage adverse drug reaction reporting and causality assessment.
- Develop skills in using educational methods and techniques as applicable to the teaching of medical/nursing students and paramedical health workers.
- Develop medical writing skills and be able to critically analyze relevant published research literature.
Demonstrate ability to build, lead and work in a team maintaining good interpersonal relationships with effective communication skills.
|Dr.Revannaswamy A||Prof & HoD|
|Dr. D.Surendra Reddy||Assoc. Prof|
|Mr.Kishore Kumar P||Tutor|
|Dr. K.S.Hari Babu||PG Tutor|
|Dr. B.Chandrasekhar Reddy||PG Tutor|