To emerge as a leading destination for providing service, training and research activities in the field of clinical microbiology to alleviate suffering from microbial infection.
- To provide learner centered health care education.
- To provide superior quality diagnostic services to patient with infectious diseases.
- To conduct research activities on microbial infection and translate it into practice.
At the end of the course, MBBS student should be able to
- List the common infectious diseases and their etiopathogenesis.
- Describe the mechanism of immunity to infections.
- Collect appropriate clinical samples and transport promptly to laboratory.
- Decide suitable antimicrobial agent for treatment of infections and apply scope of immunotherapy and different vaccines available for prevention and treatment of infectious diseases.
- Apply methods of disinfection, sterilization and biomedical waste disposal to control and prevent hospital and community acquired infections.
- Recommend laboratory investigations regarding bacteriological examination of food, water, milk and air.
- Plan and interpret laboratory investigations for diagnosis of infectious diseases and correlate the clinical manifestations with etiological agents.
- Perform commonly employed bed side tests for detection of infectious agents such as blood films for malaria, filaria, Gram staining, Acid Fast staining and stool sample for ova and cysts.
- Use correct method of collection, storage and transport of clinical material for microbiological investigations.
- Understand infectious diseases of national importance in relation to clinical, therapeutic and preventive aspects.
- Follow standard precautions during health care activities.
- Identify and report Notifiable diseases to concerned public health authorities.
At the end of the course, MD Microbiology student should be able to
- Undertake teaching assignment of Microbiology.
- Establish diagnostic Microbiology laboratory facility.
- Perform surveillance of hospital acquired infections and contribute towards formulation of guidelines for infection control and antibiotic stewardship.
- Investigate outbreaks in the hospital and formulate preventive guidelines.
Conduct research activities in various branches of medicine involving microbiological work.
|Dr. Latha.G.||Prof & HoD|
|Dr. Naveen.G||Assoc. Prof|
|Dr. Nandan.T.M. MD||Asst.Prof|
|Dr. Sneha Kukanur MD||Asst.Prof|
|Dr. Shiva Kumar||Tutor|