To produce the physician who is well informed about medico legal responsibilities, medical ethics and etiquette in practice of medicine.
To provide the power of observation, a wide range of exact knowledge and the power of deduction and power of constructive imagination to students and physicians.
To make the student in such a way that he is able to develop the skills of making observations and logical inferences by improving his knowledge in medico legal aspects an integrated manner.
Knowledge : At the end of course, student should be able to
- Identify the basic medico legal aspects of hospital and general practice.
- Describe the medico legal aspects and findings of post-mortem examination in case of death due to common unnatural conditions and poisonings.
- Detect occupational and environmental poisoning, prevention and epidemiology of common poisoning and their legal aspects pertaining to workmen’s compensation act.
- Describe the general principles of analytical toxicology.
- To know the general medico legal protocols.
Skills : At the end of course, the students shall be able to
- To make observations and logical inferences.
- To diagnose and treat common emergencies in poisoning.
- To make observations and interpret finding in post-mortem examination.
- To observe the principles of medical ethics in the practice of medical profession.
Integration : Department shall provide an integrated approach toward allied disciplines like pathology, radiology and forensic sciences.
|Dr. D.Rama Manohara Reddy||Prof & HoD|
|Dr. Kiran.G.T||Assoc. Prof|
|Dr. Pavan Kumar||Tutor|