Excel in providing quality Medical Education and conducting quality research and enable students to face global competition.
- Provide high quality teaching to medical and paramedical students.
- Provide an intellectually rich environment that facilitates research activities.
Mould students into competent, confident and enthusiastic doctors who can maintain successful careers.
Under Graduate Courses Objectives
- To provide an opportunity for medical under graduates and para medical students to distinguish themselves in dissection consistency, theoretical knowledge, knowledge application and to undertake research training in anatomy in relation to gross, microscopic, developmental and comparative anatomy.
- Use the knowledge acquired to face periodical assessment in the department and demonstrate the same in the terminal examination.
- Use the above knowledge to correlate and apply it in the para and clinical courses.
- Use the knowledge to carry out basic research and contribute to the Advancement of Medicine.
- To train for OSPE, OSCE and to solve a problem based questionnaire.
- To adapt efficient methodology in teaching that will inspire and encourage towards self directed learning in the students by using the various facilities available in the department.
- To identify locate and correlate structures of the body and mark the topography by surface anatomy.
- To identify the various normal tissues under microscope, differentiate and discuss them.
- To identify the anatomical basis of imaging – MRI, CT scan and ultrasonography and interpret normal radiological images.
- To learn basic clinical procedures using skills lab, e.g.: triangle of auscultation, Mc. Burney’s point, differentiating resonance and dullness caused by hollow and solid organs.
Post Graduate Courses Objectives
- Capable enough to teach efficiently the UG students, various divisions of Anatomy- Gross Anatomy, Embryology, Histology, Comparative Anatomy, Osteology, Genetics, Anthropometry, Clinical, Radiological and Surgical Anatomy.
- Assess the student’s understanding of anatomical sciences.
- Plan and initiate research methodology and take, individual independent research activities.
- Undertake histomorphometric and anthropometric studies.
- Effectively teach undergraduate medical students basic anatomical mechanisms of the human body.
- Conduct clinical and experimental research as would have a significant bearing on human health and patient care.
- To embalm a cadaver.
- Prepare histological slides for microscopic studies.
- To identify the age and sex of the deceased by observing the bones and proficient enough to express, in court of law, when called upon.
- To train for being effective in genetic counseling.
- Participate in various workshops/ seminars/ journal club/ demonstrations, present and publish- models, posters and papers.
|Dr. H.R.Krishna Rao||Principal & Professor|
|Dr. Sakuntala Rao||Professor|
|Mr. Manivannan M.Sc||Asst.Prof|
|Dr. Meera.K. MD||Asst.Prof|
|Mr. B.Bernard Ritchie||Tutor|