To become a centre of excellence in community medicine for teaching, research and service.
- To provide high quality education to medical students.
- To produce professionally superior and ethically strong public health specialists.
- To conduct research on health problems for finding out suitable solutions.
- To improve community health through service, education, effective communication and inter-sectoral coordination.
Under Graduate Teaching
To prepare them to function as effective primary health care physicians.
- To identify and manage common health problems in the community.
- To perform as an effective team leader in the health care delivery system of India and to implement national health programs.
- To investigate an outbreak/epidemic and take appropriate control measures.
- To conduct basic epidemiological research.
- To identity environmental and occupational hazards and to suggest appropriate preventive measures.
- To be an effective communicator and health educator.
Post Graduate Teaching
To prepare competent public health specialists.
- To apply public health skills to assess the health problems, analyse and provide solutions.
- To Plan, implement and evaluate national health policy & programmes.
- To be a competent teacher and trainer for undergraduate students and healthcare workers.
- To investigate public health threats, emergencies and take appropriate control measures.
- To conduct ethically sound epidemiological research with appropriate bio-statistical methods.
- To analyse occupational and environmental hazards and to take preventive measures.
- To be an effective community health leader, communicator and health educator.
|Dr. P Subramaniyan||Professor & HOD|
|Dr. Chitra Nagaraj||Professor|
|Dr. Regina J||Associate Professor|
|Dr. Rohith K||Associate Professor|
|Dr. Praveen Kumar B A||Associate Professor|
|Dr. Basti Bharakesh Devendra||Associate Professor (RHTC)|
|Dr. Priyadarshini||Assistant Professor|
|Dr. Ravi M R||Assistant Professor (UHTC)|
|Mr. Janaki Ram||Tutor-Statistician|
|Dr. Devi Prasad Mateti||PG Tutor|
|Dr. Sindhu.L||PG Tutor|
|Dr. Avinash R Bharani||PG Tutor|
|Dr. Sampoornamma P||Tutor|
|Dr. L Bharathi||Lady Medical Office UHC|
|Dr. Praveena T||Lady Medical Office RHTC|