- M.B.B.S Guntur Medical College – 1980
- Diploma in Anaesthesiology, RangarayaMedical College – 1983
- M.D. (Anaesthesia), Rangaraya Medical College-1986
- Trained at JIPMER in Medical Teacher training – 2006
- Fellowship in Medical Education, CMC Ludhiana-2007
Professional / Administrative Experience:
- Secretary Andhra Pradesh Paramedical Board (APPMB)
- Director of Medical Education, Andhrapradesh
- Additional Director of Medical Education, Andhrapradesh
- Additional Director/Superintendent, GGH, Guntur
- Vice-Principal, Guntur Medical College, Guntur
- Registrar, Dr.NTR University of Health sciences -2007 to 2012.
- Head Department of Anaesthsiology – Jan 2001- Sep2007
- Professor –Dec 2000 to Jan 2001
- Associate Professor -August1997 to December 2000
- Asst.Professor – May1988 to August 1997.
- CAS specialist, Dist Hqrs Hospital, Machilipatnam –May 1986 – April 1988.
1. South East Asian International Conference on Health profession Education – Sep 2012 Coimbatore TN.( “Social accountability in Health care Profession Education”)
2. Management and leadership Development training at Lalbahadur Sastri
Academy of Administration (LBSNAA), Mussori – September 2011 (GOI midcareer in service training).
3. International Conference on Evidence Based Education System (EBBS) at Vadodara, Gujarat March, 2011.(theme: “Strategies and innovations for success”)
4. “Best Practices in University Administration” organized by Department ofHigher Education at Acharya Nagarjuna University-2010
5. Guest lecture on “Simulation in Medical Education” in ISAAP State annual conference at Guntur Medical College – October 2008.
6. Sri Ramachndra-Harvard Faculty Development Programme at SRMC, Chennai,
7. Invited delegate for INDO-US Education summit at Hyderabad- 2010
8. Emerging Developments in global Education (EDGE-2010) at New Delhi – 2009
9. Organised first (2011) and Third (2013) AP State conference on EmergencyCare Education and Training with US faculty.
10. Organised workshop on Reforms in Medical Education at MRCHRD atHyderabad –June2010.
11. Invited delegate American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin AAPI Annual Conference atLosangels, USA, USA -2012 July.
Papers Presented/Published on Medical Education:
1. “Doctor-Patient relationship” MCI Platinum Jubilee Celebration workshop at Andhra Medical College, Vishakhapatnam – 2011
2. “Quality improvement in Medical Education” –workshop on reforms in Medical Education at Hyderabad- 2010
3. Role of Universities in Research workshop on research methodology at Gandhi Medical College, Secunderabad
4. Newer Evaluation Methods – Ist AP state conference on Medical Education at Andhra Medical College, Vishakhapatnam – Jan 2011.
5. Humanities in Medical Curriculum – 2nd A.P.State Conference on Medical Education, Mamatha Medical College, Khammmam- 2012.
6. Medical Education Overview- ISAAP state conference, Kakinada-2006.
Academic & Professional membership/affiliation:
1. Member Academic senate, Dr.NTR University of Health Sciences-2006 to 2007.
2. Chair core committee, Medical Education – 2008-2012.
3. Member Convener steering committee, UNICEF and NTRUHS Project on IMNCI Programme in Undergraduate curriculum.
4. Advisory committee Member on National Eligibility Entrance Test- 2010 to
5. GC member Indian Institute of Public Health – 2007 to 2012.
6. Member, committee on Residency system appointed by Govt. of AndhraPradesh.
7. Member, committee on rationalization of service reservations in Medical Post graduate Course.
8. Academic coordinator, Dr.NTRUHS International Training Center of Resuscitation skills.
9. Member committee on preparation of Draft service regulations for teaching and Non-Non teaching staff, SVIMS, Tirupathi.
10. Member EMCET committee, JNTU Andhrapradesh.2010 to 2012.
11. President, Indian Society of Anaesthsiologists AndhraPradesh State Chapter -2011.
12. President Indian Society for study of Pain AP Chapter – 2009
13. Life Member Indian Medical Association.
14. Member Editorial Board, Indian Journal of Anaesthesiology – 2008 to 2011.
1. APMGUSA leadership award for the year 2011.
2. IMA Gold Medal Oration – 2009.
3. Fellow Medical Education – 2007.
4. IMA Achievement award – 2006.
5. Best doctor Award – 2005.
6. Recipient of TRH award for research paper – 2004
7. Best Poster in Paediatric Anasthesia at 5th Asian Society of Pediatric Conference, 2006 at CMC Vellore.
8. Successful Anaesthetic management of Conjoined twins Rekha-Surekha.